What are you looking for?
9 June 2019

E3 Predictions 2019



It's that time of year, E3 is literally around the corner (a few hours to go!) and predictions, and rumours, are flying. So I thought I'd add my own predictions to the mix and see if any of them pan out.

Let's get to it.


What We're Likely To Find Out


- More information about Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion 3, with release dates. We were teased with these last year and all I can say is, COME ON NINTENDO GIMME GIMME GIMME.

- Likewise, we will more than likely know more about Link's Awakening. Nintendo can't keep us hanging forever. 

- Square Enix is (hopefully) going to give us details on Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles. Again, this was one that was announced ages ago but we've never heard anything since. Does this mean that there have been issues with development, or could it just be a clever marketing strategy? Let's hope for the latter.


My Predictions


- I get the feeling that Nintendo has a couple of tricks up their sleeves and are going to surprise us and blow our minds with some of the things that are going to come out on Switch. I believe there are going to be at least two games that will shock people and bring the 'oh no they didn't' factor back.

- Spyro Reignited Trilogy for Switch. I've been saying this since its release last November, but having Spyro on Switch would be fantastic. Now, can it be made into a reality? Pretty please.

- Diddy Kong Racing will (finally) be resurrected. I know there are a number of racing games releasing this year, but this one would bring back the nostalgia for a number of us, plus who doesn't love Diddy Kong.
(Don't answer that if you don't haha).


What I'm Hoping For

(but is probably unlikely to happen)


- A cameo from Reggie. This is the first year in a long time where we won't be graced with Reggie's presence and I'm a little sad by this. Although I have a good feeling about Doug Bowser (I mean, come on his last name is Bowser, what's not to love?!), it would be awesome if Reggie would make a cameo as a final farewell. But back to reality for a second, this is 99.9% unlikely to happen *sniff*.

- Donkey Kong Country 1-3 being released on the Nintendo Switch. This one would be EPIC. I've never played any of the DKC games - yet - but they look right up my street, and being on Switch would make them even better.

- A new Banjo Kazooie game, or maybe have them in Smash Bros... both seem unlikely, but there's been more than the usual amount of buzz around them so maybe...?


Not Software Related

- New amiibos to be announced. Almost certainly.

- Can we have some more official pro-controllers in interesting colours, please?!


What do you think of these predictions?
Do you have your own?






Add your comment